I just got off the phone with someone who has a fairly common need that I've heard before. The needs are very similar to those in Rapid LMS and LMS Solution for Simple Partner Compliance Training.
In this case, they are looking to provide their content as eLearning and sell it to individuals and organizations. Key aspects:
- Individual eCommerce - someone can go on and buy the course just for themselves
- Group eCommerce - someone can go on and buy a block of courses that can be taken by people in their organization
- Pricing will need to be variable
- Group reporting - the person who bought for the organization should be able to see who's taken, completed, etc.
- Users will self-select their role which will take them to the appropriate version of a SCORM course
- Test at the end, pass or retake
- Provides certificate for the individual that they can print
This all seems like pretty simple stuff right?
What system would you use?
Would you consider a marketplace solution for this? Do any marketplaces provide the group eCommerce capabilities? What are the tradeoffs of putting it up on a marketplace?
I'd like to hear your suggestions and it would definitely be helpful to the person trying to solve this problem.